Maria Hanna Joseph, Principal of Joseph Mediation, is a seasoned employment law attorney, mediator and trainer who is regarded highly by her peers and their clients, alike. They know her as knowledgeable, candid, pragmatic and persevering and rely on her steadfast commitment to help understand each conflict and achieve meaningful outcomes while keeping sight of parties’ most important interests.
Ms. Joseph’s experience is substantial. She has mediated and administrated more than 2,000 cases and conducted many anti-discrimination trainings. Her 27 years as an employment law attorney lend her significant perspective in understanding, mediating, training and investigating an array of legal and personal issues. Her services are greatly informed by her former litigation experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants, exposure to business and real estate matters, work with private and public sector clients, unions, international and domestic businesses, large and family-owned concerns, in addition to her extensive employment law experience — including issues regarding harassment and discrimination, non-compete agreements, wage and hour matters, business and operational concerns, transgender workplace matters, whistleblower claims, retaliation and others.
Notably, advanced education and training also valuably underpin Ms. Joseph’s services. In addition to fundamental mediation instruction, Ms. Joseph further studied mediation at Harvard Law School’s Program of Instruction for Lawyers and negotiation at Harvard Law School’s Program on Negotiation. She also received training in the disciplines of Transformative Mediation and Family/Domestic Mediation which, worth noting, are poignant in managing the personal nature of conflict in general.
Parties and the resolutions that manifest are well served by Ms. Joseph’s knowledge, understanding, creativity and deftness which her experience, exposure and training afford. These, along with her demeanor and the trust she engenders, are qualities that have earned her a reputation for being able to manage highly tense, fraught situations and individuals, and settle a wide variety of disputes and tough cases. Contact her today to address your matter.
- 27 Years Employment Law Experience
- 19 Years Employment Mediation Experience, inter alia
- 16 Year MCAD Mediator (2000-2016)
- 10+ Years Anti-Discrimination Training Experience
- 2,000+ Cases Served
- Former Litigator For Plaintiffs and Defendants
- Reputation For Ability To Settle Tough Cases
- High Client Satisfaction
- MCAD Diversity (Anti-Discrimination) Trainer
- Knowledgeable, Creative, Pragmatic
- Candid, Tactful, Persevering
Certification, Training, Education
- Harvard Law School Program on Negotiation
- Harvard Law School, Program on Instruction for Lawyers, “Mediation Workshop” (Click here for general information)
- Transformative Mediation Training
- Advanced Domestic/Family Mediation Training
- Domestic/Family Mediation Training
- Basic Mediation Training
- MCAD Diversity Trainer Training
- Juris Doctorate earned from Whittier Law School, CA
- Bachelor of Arts earned from Juniata College, PA and Boston University, MA
- Worcester Academy, MA
Recognition Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ John Dunlop Dispute Resolution Award for Innovative System Design
Memberships and Affiliations (Present & Past)